USC Bovard Scholars is a great opportunity for our strongest students. If you are a
junior in advanced classes and have higher than a 4.0 GPA, check it out!
Last year we had TWO USC Bovard Scholars from Chaffey! You can follow in their footsteps!
USC offers a free, year-long program to help high-achieving students with financial need gain admission to and succeed at the nation’s top universities. The program includes a three-week summer residential program on the USC campus that offers intense workshops on the following topics:
- gaining admission to top-tier universities
- navigating the complex admissions and financial aid process
- exploring potential careers and professional passions
- connecting occupational goals to academic pursuits
- learning test-taking strategies to boost entrance exam scores
- understanding tools and resources available on college campuses
- determining which college is the best fit
from the admission website
Bovard Scholars are high-achieving, resilient and place a high value on education. They show leadership and are ready to take ownership of their academic path to success.
- Junior in high school (11th grader) at time of application
- Currently hold a 4.0 GPA or above
- Enrolled in Algebra II, Trigonometry or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have taken advanced placement/international baccalaureate courses, if offered
Here is a video from the program last summer. It looks fun!