The GATE program at Chaffey High School offers students many opportunities for enrichment and advanced coursework. This site is meant to be a resource and a showcase for our GATE students. As you click around, you will find student posts, college resources, sage advice from upperclassmen, and much more. We hope you enjoy your visit!
RECENT BLOG POSTS:
- Academic DecathlonBlog post by Elena Trinh, class of 2020 The Academic Decathlon, otherwise known as simply AcaDec for short, is an annual academic competition that involves events where students compete in 7 subject tests, write an essay, perform a speech, and
- Course Spotlight: AP CalculusBlog post by Yatziri Carmona, class of 2020 If you’re taking AP Calculus, you’ll raise a lot of eyebrows. It’s a course that not many have the opportunity to take. As a junior who made the choice to take AP
- Link CrewBlog post by Julissa Soto, class of 2021 Transitioning from middle school to high school can be difficult. The idea of being exposed to a new unknown experience is terrifying. With the help of Link Crew, the terrifying feeling is
- Scholarship Programs: a Big listSee these fabulous resources to help you find scholarships for college! Scholar Snapp – A free, simple to use data standard that allows students to reuse their application information – including contact information, essays, transcripts, etc. – from one scholarship
- What are you doing this summer?Chaffey students have taken advantage of many summer activities. Check out their testimonials in this video. There are so many amazing summer opportunities for college-bound students. Check out the list below to find one that is right for you! Keep
- Club Spotlight: CHS Key Clubby Elina Shibata, class of 2020 Key Club is a international student led organization that encourages leadership through serving the community, emphasizing values such as leadership, character building, caring, and inclusiveness. There are 1000 clubs from different schools in more
- College-Bound Second Semester to Do ListGuidelines for college-bound students at any level!
- September 2020 Scholarship BulletinScholarship Requirements Deadline MAKE THE U AND PREPARE TO GO FARTHER! • Are Hispanic or Latino descent • Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or 7.5 (on a 10.0 scale) • Are U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident